Sunday, January 20, 2008

The second worst day of my life

This week started out just fine as usual until the second worst day of my life. The worst day of my life was actually the first day of my life. I'm sure it was horrible for you as well...if you remember. Anyway...here it goes...the second worst day of my life.
On Friday I was admitted to the Primary Childrens hospital in Salt Lake City to take care of my hypospadia. My dad came in at about 5:50 am and pulled me out of my crib and strapped me into the car seat. What a rude awakening! I soon forgot about it as my mom drove me to Salt Lake City in the softly falling snow and I fell asleep. The waiting room was fun, I spent my time trying to play with bigger kids that would push me over and yell "No, go away!" That didn't deter me though, I figured it was all in good fun, and I knew they really wanted me to take their toys away from them. Once we got to the Pre Op I finally realized I hadn't been fed in over nine hours and I let them know that displeased me a lot. Some weirdo in a blue scrub outfit talked to me in a funny voice and the next thing I knew I was being wheeled away in a big red wagon and than I was sucking strange air.
The next part is a little hazy. I think I woke up several times, but my body didn't. I finally was able to open my eyes and saw a lot of people hanging around me with strange looks on their faces. I noticed I didn't have any clothes on, and I think I was stabbed several times with some sort of a needle. You'll have to ask my mom about it. It was terrible. Seeing how these dense people didn't understand what I was trying to tell them, I resorted to screaming. My mom showed up and gave me some sugary water. I wasn't all that impressed with the dining services. Anyway, my body felt horrible. Mom took me home and I slept most of the day. I was in a little bit of pain, but I'm tough. By the next morning I was back to normal.

3 comments:

  1. Peter,

    I am glad to hear that you are feeling better after such a horrible ordeal. You sound like such a brave and tough little man! I enjoyed sledding with you. It was a lot of fun to watch you slide down the hill. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow! I am sure your parents will cook a very yummy turkey.

    Aunt Sheredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter:

    Now that you have had your worst day ever and your second worst day ever; it will only get better. Also, you have to realize that the picture of your dad "acting weird" is actually just him being normal. Its when he appears to be normal that you can be certain he is acting. Just a heads up.

    Uncle Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you were in the hospital for surgery. Hope you are feeling better now. I send my love and kisses.

    Love,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete