Sunday, March 29, 2009

A New Home

In case you haven't heard my family and I moved into a new house a few weeks ago.
It's been pretty busy trying to get everything moved and cleaned. It's been great, I've gotten to watch a lot of "pooh bear" and "Cars" movies while Mom and Dad have unpacked and cleaned. Don't think it's just relaxing down time for me though, I've been putting in my two cents. Mom and Dad were debating about whether to paint the kitchen and dining room and take down the wallpaper that was there. Mom wanted to, but Dad felt like he had enough projects to keep him busy so they decided against it. I took the matter out of their hands by waiting until they were busy and ripping a big chunk of the wallpaper off the wall to express my enthusiasm for new paint. I included a little picture of the missing chunk and lucky Daddy working on that wall.


Now we are pretty settled in and getting use to having a little more space. During the days that are warm Mommy and me have wandered around the neighborhood and visited the nearby parks and schools. During the days that are cold Daddy has tested out the wood stove, which gets us all nice and toasty. He wants to get some cutters and prune the trees for more kindling. Mommy suggested he use his machete, but he was worried the neighbors might be a little scared of us. I love to watch the birds and squirrels that play in the trees in our backyard, yea for spring! Mommy only has about two weeks left until my little sister is suppose to arrive, so soon I'll have a new playmate around the house. Actually, I know little babies make lousy playmates until they get bigger, but Mommy and Daddy keep bugging me about her so now I feign a little more interest in the subject. We'll have to wait and see if she really is worth all the fuss. Hope you all have a wonderful Easter and keep your fingers crossed for the Easter Bunny to visit.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new home. I love hearing your wonderful stories. And good job on making your Dad work harder. Good luck with the new baby sister. That will be fun!

    ReplyDelete