Monday, May 12, 2008

I thought I should update my blog a little bit. I wanted to start off with a disclaimer to the blatant lies being spread around about Goblin Valley. The rumor is that I was a "fusspot" (to quote my Aunt) and noisily kept everyone awake during our night of camping. The truth is that I was doing everyone a favor, I mean we traveled hours to enjoy the beauties of nature and what is one of the first things everyone does, fall asleep! I just wanted to make sure they took the time to appreciate being outdoors, seeing millions of stars, being cold, being tired, etc. Also, my parents claim that I took up 9/10th's of the tent is an exaggeration, it was much closer to 8/9th's. I posted a picture of me climbing around on the "goblins".
Now that I have set the record straight I can move on to what has happened to me more recently. Saturday my parents and I went to a BYU baseball game and tailgate party beforehand. It was a lot of fun and my first experience with baseball. At the party we ate some JDawg's for lunch, delicious. JDawg himself was serving and was the guest of honor to throw the first pitch (does anyone else think that's really funny). I also got a free squishy baseball, sweet!! The Cougars lost big time against San Diego, oh well, at least I got to sing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" at the seventh inning stretch. Here's a picture of me with Cosmo the Cougar, talk about scarrrry! I can't believe my parents dragged me over there.
Dad is trying to finish up all his calculations and get his thesis written in the next two weeks, so he's been a little stressed. The nice thing is that he's been working on it at home on his laptop so I get to see him more. Of course I'm suppose to leave him alone according to my Mom, but every now and than I sneak over and try and help him out by hitting the keyboard. It's amazing what kind of complicated things you can do to a computer just by hitting a few keys. Friday my Miller cousins came over and visited me for a little while. It was fun, we played Ghost in the Graveyard, but no one wanted to be "it" with me. Something about me babbling and giving away their hiding place? It was fun regardless and nice to see my cousins. Hope everyone else had a great week and was nice to their mommies yesterday.


2 comments:

  1. cute post Peter,

    I know how scary those giant animals are. Alyson is always on guard when we go to Chuck E Cheese. Just wait until Christmas when your parents try to get you to sit on the lap of Santa Claus:)

    Tell your dad good luck with his thesis:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Peter,
    You have such a cute smile! Way to conquer those goblins. You have no fear there, boy.
    Love,
    Aunt Becca

    ReplyDelete