Sunday, September 21, 2008

Moon Festival

We recently discovered the wonderful holiday of the "moon festival". I think this is a widely celebrated Chinese holiday that is anticipated and enjoyed by many people. The celebration is held on the harvest moon which was on September 15th this year. The climax of the evening is to sink your teeth into a moon cake. It was delicious! Others of my family may argue this though. I was the only one with enough good taste to eat and enjoy. However, the next day it was discovered I had developed a rash. My first moon cake rash....sweet! I hope this becomes a tradition with our family.


2 comments:

  1. I've never hear of a moon festival or moon cake--what's in the cake? What do you do for the moon festival. Sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm, moom cake! Kekoa loves cake. We also have a blog, check it out.

    We are heading to Mesa for Thanksgiving. Hos is not going to be there. how about you guys?

    http://www.kekoasadventures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete