Sunday, January 11, 2009

Peg-leg in the house

Hello Folks,

It's a new year and I have a lot to talk about. My family and I traveled to Arizona to spend some time with Grdpa and Grdma Haws. It had been snowing quite a bit, with another storm expected, so we decided to leave home a day early. Luckily I have great cousins in Vancouver that let us come hang out a day longer. I was pretty excited to go on my first plane ride. We left the cold weather in Portland and touched down in sunny Arizona. What a transition! I love the sun!


The plane ride was boring except for the drink I poured on Dads lap. It was hilarious! You should have seen his face. Anyway, we all had a great time in Arizona. I think Dad especially liked getting re-aquainted with the cactus.


Hugging a Barrel Cactus! Give me a break!



We had a lot of fun while in AZ. Some of the things we did were:


  • Ride a small train in Scottsdale
  • See Uncle Ned's apartment

  • Eat at Garcia's and meet Julie

  • See all the family except the Millers and Wesley

  • See some canals built by the Hohokam Indians

  • Stroll around Bass Pro

  • Race remote control cars (I won)

  • Visit the Temple lights

  • Eat a lot of junk food

  • Dig up dinasour bones at a park in Gilbert

  • Go on a Christmas treasure hunt

  • Avoid Grmpa cause he likes me too much

  • We also went to part of the Carpenter reunion


Once we go home, I decided to be a big boy and stop using the pacifier. My parents say I've done better than they expected. They keep reminding me how big a boy I am.

For New Years we hung out with my family and friends in Kennewick. The highlight was talking with Grandpa and Grandma Kellogg in the Phillipines.

On another note, my parents were finally able to get the peg-leg dance on film. I also had my signature "lawn mower" move thrown in at the end. What can I say, when Beyonce or Rhianna are playing I gotta move.




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous trip to Arizona and a fun plane ride. Next time you come to Vancouver we'll have a bed for your parents--dont be scared.:) (And hopefully no snow). Also, we LOVE the video. Those are some great moves. Made me laugh:)

    ReplyDelete